Air Freight Market Update: Bangladesh – Allport Cargo Services introduces Eco-Air service to avoid backlogs at Dhaka Airport
8th September 2015
To combat the publicised congestion at Dhaka Airport Cargo Terminal, ACS has reintroduced our short sea Eco-Air service from Chittagong via Singapore into London.
This service is in addition to our existing Eco-Air routes, with up to 4 sailings per week from Chittagong to the ACS Singapore Hub, where shipments are then transferred to the ACS strategic Air Cargo Carriers.
ACS’ innovative Eco-Air service leverages our global network and carrier relationships to develop a new kind of sea air service that competes with premium and beats deferred air services for price and transit time.
Accepting both Flat Pack and GOH shipments, the typical transit from Chittagong though Singapore to London is just 8 days, excluding CFS cut off in Bangladesh and UK arrival procedures.
• Routing by Ocean Chittagong through Singapore, and onward by Air to London Airport
• Up to 4 Departures per week
• Typical 8 Day Transit Time
• Competitive and stable rates
• Accepts both Flat Pack and GOH shipments
• Robust schedules, with over 200 Tonnes successfully completed to date
• Eco-Air service using dedicated ACS containers from Chittagong to Singapore
• ACS Singapore Hub transfers all shipments to our dedicated Air Cargo Consolidations
• Shipments are transported on Premium Airlines using dedicated secure aircraft pallets
• Upon arrival, ACS UK transfer full aircraft pallets to our bonded Heston facility for clearance
With backlogs at Dhaka airport of up to 7 days, the ACS Eco-Air product provides an ideal solution for time sensitive shipments. For time critical shipments ACS can also provide access to air cargo carriers Priority Products, however please seek guidance from your ACS Customer Service team if urgent uplift and arrival is required.
ACS continues to review the situation, leveraging our carrier relationships and implementing innovative multi-modal solutions to keep trade moving.